Benefits of TTP Accreditation
ACEN accreditation is a voluntary peer-review process intended to enhance and support quality improvement in Transition-to-Practice programs. ACEN accreditation:
- Demonstrates organizational commitment to best practices and improving patient outcomes.
- Aids in recruitment of nursing staff.
- Aids in retention of nursing staff.
- Demonstrates organizational commitment to nursing staff.
- Fosters ongoing, self-examination, re-evaluation, and focus on the future.
- Provides recognition that the transition-to-practice program has been evaluated, and periodically re-evaluated, by a qualified independent group of peers and demonstrates the extent to which the transition-to-practice program meets Standards and Criteria specific to transition-to-practice programs.
- Heightens program educators’ and administrators’ awareness and responsiveness to areas needing improvement in the transition-to-practice program.
- Engages program educators in best practices related to peer evaluation.
- Provides opportunities for networking among transition-to-practice programs.